4K resolution has been around for a while, and the rumors said many digital imaging companies (Panasonic, Sony, Canon) are working on the 8K cameras.
The Japanese site Nikkan reports that Panasonic will release a new 6K capable interchangeable lens mirrorless camera during 2016 financial year (goes til March 31, 2017). And this new camera is expected to be Panasonic GH5.
And today according to a rumor from PhotoRumors, Panasonic will announce a new 8K camera this fall, most likely at Photokina 2016 in September.
This is just a rumor, not confirmed by trusted sources – we know that Panasonic was initially to announce the 8K camera in 2020, then pushed to 2018. So it is highly likely that we will see a prototype or a development announcement in September.
Stay tuned for more info and if you know any insider info you can contact me here.
Image credit: Wikipedia
Read more: Panasonic Rumors
Note: If you are a Panasonic Camera User, you can now join the Panasonic Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Panasonic Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PanasonicCameraUsers
- Panasonic GH5 Coming at Photokina 2016 with 6K Feature?
- The Next Panasonic MFT Camera is GM7, to be Announced in Early Spring 2016!
- Panasonic LX200 Rumored to Feature 20MP Live MOS Sensor (From Sony)
- Panasonic GX80 and Leica 12mm Lens to be Announced on April 5, 2016
- Panasonic TZ100 Compact Camera Coming at CES 2016, First Images Leaked