The new Silver Olympus OM-D E-M1 Micro Four Thirds isn’t just some silver styling. The updated E-M1 firmware that brings some impressive new features, including Digital Shifting, Live Composite Mode, Tethered Shooting, improving the EVF response time to 16ms, and some fun new scene modes.
The new weather-resistant Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO telephoto zoom lens is dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof, allowing photographers to use it in harsh environmental conditions. It offers a 35mm focal length equivalent of 80-300mm and has been unveiled as the world’s first focusing system to power two high-grade lens elements using dual linear VCM (Voice Coil Motor) motors, for quiet, and fast focusing.
Olympus also announced the MC-14 1.4x teleconverter, along with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens. It is also weather-resistant and offers an extra 1.4x magnification, taking the focal range to 56-210m, so it will boost the 35mm focal length equivalent of the Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens to 112-420mm.
Olympus Silver E-M1, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14 1.4x teleconverter Announced
Olympus Silver E-M1 Price and Release Date
Olympus Silver OM-D E-M1 16MP Compact System Camera with 3-Inch LCD is priced at $1,299 and it will be released in November. You can pre-order it right now at Amazon.
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens Price and Release Date
The new Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens is priced at $1,499 and it will be released in November. You can pre-order it right now at Amazon.
Olympus MC-14 1.4x teleconverter Price and Release Date
Olympus MC-14 1.4X Teleconverter for the M40-150mm PRO Lens is priced at $349 and it will be released in November. You can pre-order it right now at Amazon.
Olympus Silver OM-D E-M1 8 NEW FUNCTIONS:
- Keystone Compensation (Digital Shift)
- Tethered Shooting System (OLYMPUS capture)
- Live Composite
- Zoom In/Out and Layout have been added to Photo Story. Save (complete partway through), Temporary Save, and Resume functions have been added to Photo Story mode
- New Art Filters: Vintage and Partial color
- Old Film Effect in video recording
- The Aperture Lock function has been added to Aperture Preview
- The Panning Shot shooting mode has been added to SCN mode
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens Features
- The Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical, or ZERO, coating features a thin-coating technology works to produce a clear and high contrast image due to reduced reflection on its surface. The coating also benefits from the vacuum deposition method to prevent scratches to ensure stable low-reflective performance.
- Lens construction features 16 elements in 10 groups for maintaining a compact form factor.
- Specialized elements include extra-low dispersion aspherical, super extra-low dispersion, extra-low dispersion, and a high refractive index for control over aberrations and distortion.
- The MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter is available for further extending the reach of this lens.
- The lens hood can retract where it can lock to prevent extension during user. Also, it will automatically lock when slid to the fully extended position.
- Hermetically sealed in 11 places for complete splash-, dust-, and freeze-resistance.
- Features a rotatable tripod collar for when additional support is needed.
Olympus MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter Specifications
- As “ED40-150mm F2.8 PRO”, “ED300mm F4 PRO” dedicated
- 14.7mm thin
- The barrel is made of metal
- Lens configuration (one HR lens) six three groups
- Dust and water resistance to low temperature
Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens Specs:
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||FourThirds|
|Focal length||40–150 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||1 Aspherical ED lens, 2 Aspherical lenses, 1 SED lens, 3 ED lenses, 1 HD lens|
|Minimum focus||0.70 m (27.56″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||880 g (1.94 lb)|
|Diameter||79 mm (3.13″)|
|Length||160 mm (6.3″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Optional accessories||Protection Filter (PRF-ZD72PRO) 1.4x Teleconverter (Teleconverter MC-14）|
- Olympus Silver E-M1, E-M1 Firmware & 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens to be Announced on September 15
- Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens and MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter Specs Leaked
- Olympus E-M1 Firmware Update V1.3 Available for Download
- Olympus PEN E-PL7 Announced, Price, Specs, Images
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sample Images