It has been a long wait for Olympus fans to get the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II micro four thirds mirrorless camera. Unfortunately, their waiting will have to be extended further as reports say that there is a possibility that Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II will not come anytime soon this 2016. In an article by 43Rumors, it stated that the Olympus E-M1 Mark II shipment was delayed to early 2017 because of the sensor shortage and damages caused by the earthquake. The Olympus E-PL8 camera got delayed too. So, let’s wait wait wait…
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera was originally rumored to be announced at Photokina 2016 in September, but up to now it is just a rumor, so it is still unknown whether Olympus will announce ther E-M1 Mark II flagship micro four thirds mirrorless camera at Photokina 2016. For those who are looking forward for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, they may need to extend their patience and stay tune for updates. None is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
Here are the rumored specs of Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II:
- 4K video recording
- Handheld High Resolution mode
- Dual SD card slot
- To be announced at Photokina 2016
- New AF System (improved AF)
- New viewfinder
- No global shutter
Read more: Olympus Rumors
Note: You can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II Rumored to be Announced at Photokina 2016
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Coming with Dual SD Card Slot
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Support Handheld High Resolution Mode
- First Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Images Leaked
- New Olympus PEN Camera Coming in Early 2016 with Built-in Viewfinder!