The previous rumors said the upcoming Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II micro four thirds mirrorless camera will be announced at Photokina 2016 in September. Today an unknown source told 43Rumors that the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera will be announced on September 19, 2016. But this is NOT confirmed by trusted sources, so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
There are other rumors saying that Olympus E-M1 Mark II shipment was delayed to early 2017 because of the sensor shortage and damages caused by the earthquake. And, aimed at professional sports photographers, Olympus E-M1 Mark II camera will be capable of recording 4K video and it will be the first Olympus MFT mirrorless camera with dual SD card slot!
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Rumored Specs:
- 4K video recording
- Handheld High Resolution mode
- Dual SD card slot
- To be announced at Photokina 2016
- New AF System (improved AF)
- New viewfinder
- No global shutter
Read more: Olympus Rumors
Note: You can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II Rumored to be Announced at Photokina 2016
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Shipment Rumored to be Delayed to Early 2017
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Coming with Dual SD Card Slot
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Support Handheld High Resolution Mode
- Olympus E-M10 Mark II Full Specs, to be Announced on August 27