The latest Olympus rumor is not about the full frame sensors or their rumored PEN-F camera, but an action camera.
If the report on 4/3 Rumors is correct, Olympus will announce a new “action camera” on January 27, 2016. Currently, we don’t have any leaked images or specs, but the rumors said that the new action camera would be compatible with all standard GoPro accessories.
We know that Nikon announced the new line of action camera “KeyMission 360” at CES 2016 – a compact and rugged action camera that features dual lenses and image sensors to capture full 360° video and photos in UHD 4K resolution. This allows you to relive your adventures from every angle and share new and unique perspectives with family, friends, and fans.
Although I am not really into action cameras, I am curious to see what’s the new features of the Olympus action camera, so that Olympus can compete against GoPro and Nikon.
Note: If you are a Olympus User, you can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Olympus Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OlympusUsers
- Next Olympus MFT Camera Announcement Coming in Early Spring 2016
- New Olympus PEN Camera Coming in Early 2016 with Built-in Viewfinder!
- The Upcoming Olympus PEN-F Camera to Feature 50MP Mode?
- New Olympus PEN-F Camera Coming on January 27, First Image Leaked
- Nikon KeyMission 360 Action Camera Announced!