Great news for Olympus E-M1 and E-M5II camera owners: Olympus released the new firmware update Version 4.0 for E-M1 and firmware update Version 2.0 for E-M5 Mark II. Just open your Olympus Digital Camera Updater to download and install the just released firmware update! You can download the firmware updates and read the full firmware info at GetOlympus.
Reminder: Olympus announced their 2015 Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals and sales: you can save up to $400 on Olympus cameras and save up to $150 on Olympus lenses. See all Olympus Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2015.
New main features added in firmware upgrade
1) Focus Stacking Mode (OM-D E-M1 only)
Focus Stacking Mode let you shoot macro photos that are completely in focus at all depths. A single press of the shutter button captures 8 shots with different focal positions, automatically merging them into a single shot on the camera. Depth of field larger than that of minimum aperture and high resolution without diffraction can be achieved.
2) Focus Bracketing Mode
This function captures up to 999 shots with the focus position for each shot being changed, allowing you to use photo retouching software to merge the images with larger depth of field that cannot be achieved in focus stacking mode (8 shots).
3) S-OVF (Simulated OVF)
S-OVF enables a view that is similar to that of an optical viewfinder.
Exposure compensation and white balance are purposely not shown in S-OVF so that users who are comfortable with the optical viewfinder in DSLR cameras can use the camera in the exact same way.
- Olympus E-M1 and E-M5 II Firmware Updates Will be Released on November 25, 2015
- Olympus E-M1 and E-M5 II Firmware Updates Coming in Late November, 2015
- Olympus E-M1 Firmware Update V1.3 Available for Download
- Olympus Silver E-M1, E-M1 Firmware & 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens to be Announced on September 15
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update Version 1.0.5 Released, Download Now!