Olympus is rumored to release a 25mm pro lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.2 for Micro Four Thirds cameras in Mid 2016.
The rumor mill said in the past that Olympus is working on f/1.0 and f/1.2 lenses. Reliable sources are now confirming that Olympus is indeed working on bright primes, but they will choose to produce the f/1.2 only. Compared to the f/1.2 version, the f/1 model would have been roughly 43% larger and 230 grams heavier. Also the production cost for the f/1.0 were double as for the f/1.2.
As we all know PRO series lenses are freezeproof, splashproof, and dustproof. So, the upcoming Olympus 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens will be welcomed by us and it is expected to be announced and to become available around Photokina 2016 in September.
The detaied specs, announcement date and the price of this Olympus 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens are still unknown, but it is conformed that Olympus 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens will be available in 2016 (the release date is rumored for Mid 2016).
Stay tuned to Camera Times for further information!
Reminder: There is a bundle and save page at Amazon US (Click here). You save up to $200 on lenses!
Read more: Olympus Rumors
Note: If you are an Olympus User, you can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Olympus Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OlympusUsers
- Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO Lens to be Released in Spring 2016 for around $2,000
- Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO Lens to be Announced on January 6, 2016
- Olympus E-M5, E-M10, E-M10II, E-P5, E-PL7, E-PL6, E-PL5, E-PM2 Firmware Updates Released
- Next Olympus MFT Camera Announcement Coming in Early Spring 2016
- New Olympus PEN Camera Coming in Early 2016 with Built-in Viewfinder!