Great news for all Sony E-mount fans: The Next Sony GM Zoom Lens Will be FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM.
In February 2016 Sony introduced their flagship “G master” brand of interchangeable lenses and announced the first three models:
Now it seems that Sony will soon announce the fourth GM lens. According to the report from SonyAlphaRumors, the next GM zoom lens will be FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens. So the big three FE GM zoom lenses will be FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM, FE 85mm f/1.4 GM and FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM.
The detailed specs and announcement date of this new FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens are syill unknown, but it is highly likely that Sony will announce this FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens at Photokina 2016 in September!
Links to all Sony GM lenses:
Note: You can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens DxOMark Review: Best Zoom in the Range!
- A New Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 FE Lens Coming?
- Sony Released Firmware Updates for FE 35mm F1.4 and 35mm F2.8 ZA Lenses
- New Sony FE 85mm G Lens Confirmed to be Announced Soon
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens Review (by DigitalRev): “Stupendously Good”