Bad news for Sony fans: No new Sony A-mount camera will be announced at PhotoPlus 2015, according to the latest rumors from SAR. The last A-mount camera is Sony A77II, which was announced in May 1, 2014. Several months ago Sony officially stated that Sony A-mount is NOT dead and they are working on it. But the high end A-mount camera Sony A99 is three years old, so it is the time for Sony to announce the new Sony A99II.
Great news for Sony fans: Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup by early 2016. both Sony and Zeiss will announce new FE lenses in mid October, 2015. One of those lenses is rumored to be the 21mm Loxia. The previous rumors said that Sony has the plan to update two current A-mount lenses: Sony 135mm f/1.8 Lens and Sony 85mm f/1.4 Lens. And 3 FE lenses are coming: one FE telephoto lens, one FE portrait lens and one 24-70mm FE GM.
Follow Sony A99II on Facebook:
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers
- Sony A99II Features 4K Video, to be Announced in Mid September, 2015
- Sony a7SII Coming in November? Sony A7000 and A99II Coming in September?
- Sony A99 Gets Removed from Sony.net, Discontinued? Sony A99II Coming?
- The Latest Sony A99II Rumors
- New Nikon F-mount to Sony E-mount Electronic AutoFocus Adapter Coming Soon