According to the latest rumors, Sony is working on a 8K Cine Alta camera which will replace the current top of the line Sony F65 camera. And the specs of this new 8K Cine Alta camera were leaked online.
“Sony is working on a 8K Cine Alta camera which will replace the current top of the line Sony F65 camera. The sensor will be based on the A7r2 back-lit CMOS technology and will include a global shutter mode (either mechanical or electronic)
– 60FPS in DCI 8K resolution
– 240FPS in DCI 4K resolution
– 16 bit RAW uncompressed and compressed onboard recorder
– ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR, AVCHD, XAVC, SR, MPEG-2, H264
– Burst mode allows for higher FPS
– Sony F55 form factor and weight
– To be introduced in early 2016
– Price point will surprise many people
– Sony FZ mount”
Note: They are just rumors, so just take them with a grain of salt.
Stay tuned for more info.
Read more: Sony Camera Rumors