Nikon has filed a new patent for AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8 VR Lens, which would be designed for Nikon DSLR cameras with full-frame image sensors.
We know that Nikon has already released the No VR version of 28mm f/1.8G lens with a price tag of $696. So this new AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8 VR Lens seems like the VR version of the recently announced new 24mm f/1.8G ED lens with 28mm focal length. The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED is the latest addition to Nikon’s popular line of f/1.8 fixed focal length lenses and is ideal for those seeking a sharp, fast-aperture prime lens.
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
- Patent Publication No. 2015-152812
- Published 2015.8.24
- Filing date 2014.2.17
- f 28.8
- FNO 1.86
- ω 37.48
- Ymax 21.6
- TL 124.35
- BF 38.55
- Nikon patents
- Rear focus
- Anti-vibration (1 part of the first group)
Read more: Nikon Rumors
Note: If you are a Nikon User, you can now join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Nikon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NikonCameraUsers
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens Delayed to October 2015
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens Reviews
- First Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens Review
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens Sample Images
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens Sample Images