Nikon has filed a new lens patent – Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-4.5 Lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras. Currently, Nikon has no APS-C mirrorless or full frame mirrorless camera, does this mean that Nikon is seriously considering to announce a new APS-C mirrorless camera next year?
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
Patent Publication No. 2015-191055
- Published 2015.11.2
- Filing date 2014.3.27
- Focal length f = 18.50 29.99 53.29
- Fno. = 3.27 4.24 4.65
- Half angle of view ω = 41.98 26.95 15.03
- Overall length 87.66 92.68 113.67
- BF 19.36 32.55 38.06
- Image height Y = 14.25
Read more: Nikon Rumors
Note: If you are a Nikon User, you can now join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Nikon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NikonCameraUsers
- New Sony Patent: 28-70mm f/4 OSS lens for FE Mirrorless Cameras
- New Patent: Canon EF/EF-S Adaptor for Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- New Patent: Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8 VR Lens
- New Nikon Patents: 16-55mm f/3.5-5.6, New 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
- New Sigma Patent: Sigma 25mm f/1.2 lens for MFT Cameras