Canon patented a EF 28-560mm f/2.8-5.6 lens on May 20, 2016 (Check here). Today Canon filed a new patent for the EF 28-560mm f/2.8-5.6L USM lens, but this lens has different optical formula. This is a 20x optical formula super zoom lens designed for Canon full frame DSLRs and it is expected to be the successor to the current EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS lens.
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
Patent Publication No. 2016-142795
- Published 2016.8.8
- Filing date 2015.1.30
- Zoom ratio 18.86
- Focal length 28.80 119.57 543.20
- F-number 2.88 4.56 5.88
- Half angle of view (degrees) 36.91 10.26 2.28
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- The total lens length 281.07 331.07 385.01
- BF 53.05 61.31 40.00
- The effective diameter of the front lens 120.00
Read more: Canon Patents