Canon has filed a new patent for 30mm f/2.8 DO lens, which is designed for the upcoming Canon full frame mirrorless camera. This Canon full frame mirrorless camera is expected to be announced around Photokina 2016 in September.
This Canon 30mm f/2.8 DO lens should be a light-weight and compact lens. Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-102851
- Published 2016.6.2
- Filing date 2014.11.27
- Zoom ratio 1.00
- Focal length 31.35
- F-number 2.86
- Angle of view 34.61
- Image height 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 85.29
- BF 29.99
- Canon patent
- Positive ShiboTadashi
- Diffractive optical element (the second group of aperture stop image side)
- Correct axial chromatic aberration and lateral chromatic aberration of the near-infrared light
In addition, Canon has filed a new patent for EF 1000mm f/5.6 DO lens. This lens is believed to be ready for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Read more: Canon Rumors
- New Patent: Canon 50mm f/3.5 Macro IS Lens for Full Frame Mirrorless
- New Patent: Canon EF/EF-S Adaptor for Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- New Patent: Tamron 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 VC Full Frame Mirrorless Lens
- New Patent: Olympus 24mm f/1.4 Full Frame Mirrorless Lens
- New Patent: Canon EF 1000mm f/5.6 DO Lens