Leica just announced their brand new Leica SL (Typ 601) ($7,450 at B&H, Adorama) full frame mirrorless camera. The new Leica SL features an outstanding 24MP CMOS sensor with 4.4MP EVF, 11fps, 4K video and the world’s fastest autofocus!!!
Here are the Leica SL (Typ 601) key features:
- Largest, fastest & highest resolution EVF (4.4 MP@60FPS / X 0.8 magnification)
- Fastest burst rate: 11 fps@ 24 MP, 1080p@120 fps, 4 k (UHD) @ 30 fps & Cine4K @ 24 fps
- Fastest AF in full frame system cameras
- 24MP CMOS sensor: ISO 50-50,000 for highest performance under every lighting condition
- Best in class image quality with all supported Leica lenses (SL, S, R, M, T & Cine)
- Fastest SD standard (UHS2) with a secondary (UHS1) back up SD card slot
- Best video quality: 4k at 30 fps (Super 35), 1080HD@120fps (FF) (10 bit via HDMI out)
- Weather sealed to protect from spray water and dust
- Shutter speed from 30 min (bulb) – 1/8,000s (mechanical)
- Ultrasonic sensor cleaning
- Latest generation of Leica Professional user interface with hybrid touch operation
- Integrated WiFi and GPS module
- State of the art connectivity: Remote control, Viewer & Sharing App for iOS & Android
- Made in Germany & milled from solid blocks of aluminum
Leica SL camera body – $7,450; Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH lens – $4,950
More SL lenses to be released in the future, including a 35mm f/1.4 Summilux and 50mm f/1 Noctilux:
Leica SL camera tests and reviews:
Test by Jono Slack on L-camera-forum. Official Leica SL site by Leica. Hands-on by TheVideoMode. Preview at TheVerge. Hands-on at Dpreview. Reviews at Reidreviews (for subscribers only). French review at Lesnumeriques. First look at Amateur Photographer. Hands-on at Digitalphotopro. Hands-on at Photographyblog.
You can read more at mirrorlessrumors.
Note: If you are a Leica Camera User, you can now join the Leica Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Leica photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Leica Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeicaCameraUsers