The Leica Q (Typ 116) Fixed Lens Full Frame Compact Camera has been officially announced with a fixed, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens. It offers a 24MP CMOS sensor and a 3″ 1.04M dot touch-sensitive LCD. A no compromise compact, the Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera wields a full-frame 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor within its exceptionally portable, and beautiful, body. Leveraging the power of the Leica Maestro II series image processor, high-resolution, low-noise imaging is possible at sensitivities up to ISO 50,000 and at a continuous rate of 10 fps. Also, the camera utilizes a Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens to allow users to dramatically separate the subject from the background as well as work in difficult light conditions.
Leica Q (Typ 116), a symbiosis of design and superior technology. With its fast lens, easy and intuitive handling, the Leica Q gives the photographer the creative freedom that makes the difference. With a full frame sensor and the Summilux 28 mm/f1.7 ASPH lens, the Leica Q is ideal for street, architecture and landscape photography.
Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera Key Features:
- 24.2 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Leica Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens
- 3.68 MP LCOS Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Contrast-Detect AF System
- Full HD 1080p Video at up to 60 fps
- ISO 50,000 & 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- Aluminum & Magnesium Alloy Body Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- 24-megapixel, full frame, CMOS sensor precisely matched to its lens. The Leica Q delivers richly detailed pictures with almost noise-free, richly detailed pictures at ISO settings up to 50.000.
- Fastest autofocus in the compact full-frame camera class. Precision focusing in real time.
- High speed burst shooting. The newly developed processor from the Leica Maestro II series sets an enormous pace in this category with continuous shooting at a rate of ten frames per second at full resolution.
- Integrated 3.68-megapixel electronic viewfinder. The highest resolution viewfinder of its kind displays both the fixed 28 mm view along with focal lengths of 35 mm and 50 mm on demand.
- Conveniently placed functions provide instant access to all the essential controls needed when taking a photo. Not only can you control the focus manually, but the Q is also equipped with a touchscreen that can select a focus point with a simple touch of the fingertip.
- Ability to save two versions of the photograph. The JPEG image files are saved in the selected framing, while the RAW files in DNG format preserve the entire field captured by the 28 mm lens.
- Video recorded in full HD. Depending on the scene, users can choose between 30 and 60 frames per second for video recording in MP4 format. The video setting also features a wind-noise filter which guarantees crystal-clear sound.
- A WiFi module for wireless transfer of still pictures and video to other devices. The app also allows you to remotely control settings such as aperture and shutter speed from your smart phone or tablet. The free Leica Q app to access these features is available on both the App Store and Google Play Store for iOS and Android.
- Free downloadable Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6. This processing software offers a comprehensive range of functions to enhance and edit your Leica Q images.
- Full range of accessories. Just like the camera, every item in the range of accessories and technical equipment for the Leica Q is functionally designed for easy handling and manufactured from only the finest materials to ensure versatility, reliability, and durability.
|Body type||Large sensor compact|
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Max resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Other resolutions||28mm: 4272 x 2848, 2976 x 1600 x 1200; 35mm: 4800 x 3200, 3424 x 2288, 2384 x 1592, 1280 x 856; 50mm: 3360 x 2240, 2400 x 1600, 1680 x 1120, 896 x 600|
|Image ratio w:h||3:2|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||26 megapixels|
|Sensor size||Full frame (36 x 24 mm)|
|Color space||sRGB, Adobe RGB, ECI RGB|
|Color filter array||Primary color filter|
|White balance presets||5|
|Custom white balance||Yes (2 slots)|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||28 mm|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes|
|Digital zoom||Yes (1.2x (35mm equiv), 1.5x (50mm equiv))|
|Normal focus range||30 cm (11.81″)|
|Macro focus range||17 cm (6.69″)|
|Focal length multiplier||1×|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/16000 sec|
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe)|
|Flash X sync speed||1/500 sec|
|Continuous drive||10.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 12 secs)|
|Exposure compensation||±3 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3 frames at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60p, 30p), 1280 x 720 (30p)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||640 g (1.41 lb / 22.58 oz)|
|Dimensions||130 x 80 x 93 mm (5.12 x 3.15 x 3.66″)|
Follow Leica Q on Facebook:
- New Leica Fixed Lens Full Frame Camera to be Announced on June 11
- More Images of Lecia Q (Typ 116) Fixed Lens Full Frame Camera
- Leica M-P Full Frame Rangefinder Camera Announced, Price, Images, Specs
- Leica M-A (Typ 127) 35mm Rangefinder Camera Announced at Photokina
- Pentax Full Frame DSLR Camera to be Announced in November