The upcoming Canon EOS 5D Mark III successor will be called Canon EOS 5Dx, instead of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, according to the latest rumors. And Canon is currently testing two test units (different sensor resolutions) of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera: 18MP and 24MP. And the 24MP sensor version should be the final outcome.
According to a dpreview forum post:
The Digic 7 is going to be a quad core cpu which will allow 4x the processing power for high MP, high frame rate bodies. The 5DX will contain one Digic 7 and the 1DX Mark II will contain 2 Digic 7s and 1 Digic 6. The Digic 6 will be for metwring and other smaller tasks. The 1DX will have a different larger battery while thr 5DX will keep going with the same.
This next processor from Canon will be class leading and will be much faster than whats currently out. It will have multicores. The processing power will be equivalent to a laptop from years ago.
They are just rumors, take them with a grain of salt.
Read More: Canon Rumors
Follow Canon EOS 5D Mark IV on Facebook:
- The Latest Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumors
- New Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumors: Coming in Late 2015, Specs
- Two Canon 5D Mark IV Prototypes in Testing: 18MP and 24MP
- 5D Mark IV Rumors: Price for $3,799, to be Announced on March 17, 2015
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumored Specs: 24MP Sensor, Faster than 12fps