Both the new iPhone 6S and the hottest camera Sony a7RII can shoot in 4k video. But, if we compare the 4k video: iPhone 6S vs Sony a7RII, what’s the result? This would be an interesting test although it couldn’t be THAT scientific.
Being that one of the cameras was an iPhone, the test couldn’t be THAT scientific. We decided to keep the Sony camera at ISO 100 and F8 (to get a similar depth of field). We tapped on the iPhone to focus and lock our exposure and then we changed the shutter speed on the Sony to try to match the exposure. We found that the iPhone’s lens appears to be around 32mm on the Sony 24-70mm lens. Nothing is matched perfectly but it’s good enough to compare.
iPhone 6S vs Sony a7RII 4K Video Comparison Test
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers
Follow Sony a7RII on Facebook:
- First Sony a7RII with Canon Mount Lens Autofocus Test Video:”Very Fast”
- Sony a7RII 4K S-LOG Video with Various ISO Settings and Rolling Shutter Test
- Sony a7RII 10 Minute Review and 4K Video Test by Matt Granger
- Video: Sony a7RII Autofocus Test with Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L Lens
- Video: Sony a7RII AF Test with Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens