Hasselblad officially announced the world’s first medium format mirrorless camera “Hasselblad X1D-50c” ($8,995) and two new lenses: XCD 90mm f3.2 ($2,695) and XCD 45mm f3.5 ($2,295). This new Hasselblad X1D medium format mirrorless camera features a 50MP full frame sensor (from Sony). The X1D uses a new lens mount, accepting XCD lenses and it is compatible with all the existing Hasselblad medium format lenses. Hasselblad claims that this camera will be “a game changer in the world of photography”.
Hasselblad X1D-50c Key Features:
- 50MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
- 16-Bit Color, 14-Stop Dynamic Range
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- Full HD 1080p H.264 Video at 25 fps
- ISO 100-25600, Shooting Up to 2.3 fps
- Central Shutter: 60 min to 1/2000 sec
- 2.36MP XGA Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Dual SD Card Slots; XPan & Square Modes
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS, USB 3.0 Type C
Hasselblad X1D-50c: $8,995 at B&H.
Hasselblad XCD 90mm f/3.2 Lens: $2,695 at B&H.
Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/3.5 Lens: $2,295 at B&H.
Hasselblad announces groundbreaking X1D
The world’s first compact mirrorless digital medium format camera
Hasselblad is proud to introduce the groundbreaking X1D – weighing less than half that of a conventional digital medium format camera, the mirrorless 50MP camera is a game changer in the world of photography.
Inspired by the brand’s iconic design heritage, the camera is ergonomic and compact, offering a handling experience unlike any other. Handmade in Sweden, the X1D combines Scandinavian sensibility with beautiful performance.
Like the iconic V System, the X1D seamlessly combines portability with excellent optical quality for which the brand is renowned. Hasselblad has ingeniously introduced mirrorless technology to digital medium format for the first time ever, creating a precision performance camera that can sit in the palm of your hand. The 50MP CMOS sensor captures the finest details with true natural colours.
Commenting on the announcement Perry Oosting, Hasselblad CEO noted: “The X1D marks a pivotal point in Hasselblad’s rich 75-year history. This camera makes medium format photography available to a new generation of Hasselblad users, while pushing the existing limits of photography to new heights.”
A completely new family of dedicated autofocus lenses has been developed to support optical quality and portability, offering a wide range of shutter speeds and full flash synchronisation up to 1/2000th second.
Weighing just 725g and including HD video, Wi-Fi and built-in GPS, the X1D is a trusted partner and ideal travel companion. The robust exterior is dust and weather proof, providing durability to take with you wherever you go.
The X1D has been created with passionate photographers in mind, opening up Hasselblad to a new generation of creatives. Ideal for those who want to create the highest quality medium format images with a straightforward and easy to use camera that can fit in the palm of your hand.
The X1D is priced at 7,900 EUR / 8,995 USD / 5,990 GBP. All prices stated are exclusive of VAT.
See sample photos and more X1D info at Hasselblad official site.
- Hasselblad X1D Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Leaked
- 50MP Hasselblad Mirrorless Medium Format Camera Coming on June 22
- Hasselblad H6D-100c (100MP) and H6D-50c Medium Format Cameras Announced
- Hasselblad H5D-50c Medium Format DSLR Available for Pre-order
- Sony Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Coming at Photokina 2016, Is it Sony A9?