Fujifilm just announced a new XF 35mm f/2 R WR standard prime lens and a new weather-resistant XF 1.4X TC WR teleconverter for the X-series compact cameras.
The Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R WR Lens is priced at $399 and it will be available in November 2015.
The XF 1.4X TC WR Teleconverter is priced at $449.95 and will be available in December 2015.
Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R WR Lens Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 8 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- Internal focusing system with 0.08 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- 9 elements in 6 groups, including 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating reduces ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 13 inches.
Fujifilm XF 1.4X TC WR key features:
- Multiplies focal length of FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x
- Weather-resistant design for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- 7 elements in 3 groups
- AF speed equivalent to XF lens by itself is still achieved with the teleconverter
- Camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.
Fujifilm will release a new firmware update that is required for all Fujifilm X-Series camera bodies in order to provide full compatibility with the new lens and teleconverter. The firmware will be available on October 29, 2015.
- Price: Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 Lens €399 (Samples Online), 1.4x Teleconverter €499
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 Lens to be Announced on October 21, 2015
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 Lens and 1.4x Tele-Converter to be Announced on October 21
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 Lens and 1.4x Tele-Converter to be Announced in Late October
- Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens Announced at CES 2015