Fujifilm officially announced the new X-A3 entry-level mirrorless camera and XF 23mm f/2 R WR lens. The new FUJIFILM X-A3 Kit (with XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II) will be available in October 2016 in the U.S. for USD $599.95. It will be available in Silver, Brown, and Pink. The FUJINON XF23mm F2 R WR will be available in September 2016 for USD $449.95. It will initially be available in Black only.
The Fujifilm X-A3 has been perfectly designed to take “self portraits” with a compact and lightweight body. It joins the X Series of mirrorless cameras that offer outstanding image quality with the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology. To enable easy self-portraits, the X-A3 features an LCD screen that tilts 180 degrees without being blocked by the camera, thus helping to maintain 100% visibility.
FUJIFILM X-A3 Key Features:
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- AF speed of 0.3 seconds
- Shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval time of 0.4 seconds
- NEW – 49-point focus areas for AF in the Single Point mode
- Zone and Wide / Tracking modes with 77-point focus areas
- New functions -“Release Priority / Focus Priority” and “AF+MF”
- 3” (920K dot) high resolution touch LCD screen that can be tilted to 180°
- Class-leading macro photography distance of approximately 2.75”
- Full range of ISO200 – ISO25600
- In-camera RAW processing
- NEW – “PRO Neg.Hi” and “PRO Neg.Std.”and other film simulation modes
- NEW – Panorama and Time Lapse functions.
- NEW – Interlocking of Metering and AF areas, support for the Adobe RGB color space, and choice of different colors in Focus Peaking for assisting MF.Full HD recording (1080/60p, 50p, 24p)
- Wi-Fi® image transfer and remote camera operation
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
Read full Fujifilm X-A3 press release at Fujifilm official site.
The XF23mm F2 R WR is a wide-angle lens with advanced image resolution, capable of drawing out the full performance of Fujifilm’s proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor. The inner-focus AF system uses a stepping motor to drive the focusing group of lens elements for silent and fast autofocus.
FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- 10 elements in 6 groups with 2 aspherical elements
- Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Minimum working distance of less than 9 inches
- Fast and silent autofocus of 0.05 seconds
- Compatible with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35-2” (also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR).
Read full XF 23mm f/2 R WR press release at Fujifilm official site.
Note: You can now join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Fujifilm X-A3 Camera and XF 23mm f/2 R WR Lens Detailed Specs
- Fujifilm XF 23mm f/2 WR Lens to be Announced in September, 2016
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 and XF 100-400mm Lens to be Announced on January 15, 2016
- Fujifilm X200 (X100T Successor) Coming with 23mm Lens
- Fujifilm Announced New Firmware Verison 2.0 for X−Pro2 Camera