Photographers were long expecting this lens. All those who had the bad experience with a previous version of the lens, when it comes to durability, we expect robust and durable lens. The lens is large, the weight doesent represents such a great problem, as the fact that it is necessary to get used to almost 180mm long lens. All new technology installed in the lens are welcomed, in particular, a great and incredibly fast autofocus system, as well as excellent image stabilization system. The picture quality is excellent, especially the sharpness is excellent at almost all focal lengths and only slightly decrease at 70mm.
Vignetting could have been less pronounced at open apertures, optical image distortion is also well controlled for zoom lens with such range (24-70mm). Surprisingly slightly worse sharpness in close-ups, but this lens is anyway not constructed for use in macro photography. Professional photographers will quickly placed Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 VR on the list of their equipment.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens Sample Images
- Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II Lens DxOMark Review: Solid Choice
- Pre-order Nikon 24mm f/1.8G ED, 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR, 200-500mm f/5.6E Lenses
- First Images of Nikon 24mm f/1.8G, 24-70mm f/2.8E VR and 200-500mm f/5.6E lenses leaked
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens Test Results at DxOMark