How well does the new Sony A7Rii perform in terms of dynamic range. There are rumors that it performs slightly better than the Sony A7R which itself performs better than the Canon. Well, let’s take a look. Our test involved exposing a picture so that the brightest parts are exposed to the right and then underexposing a shot by 6 stops.
We can obviously see a considerable difference here and so straight out of lightroom the A7Rii is nothing short of incredible. Let me remind you, this is +5 exposure and +100 shadow recovery!
This is isn’t a real world test, so itis too early to make any conclusion. Tim will do a few more Sony a7RII tests comparing the Canon 5DSR. Let’s wait and see the results in the next few days.
Stay tuned for more info.
Read more: Sony Camera Rumors
Follow Sony Alpha a7RII on Facebook:
- Sony a7RII 4K High ISO Range Tests with Canon 70-200mm, 40mm f/2.8 STM
- Sony a7RII vs Sony a7R vs Canon 5D Mark III High ISO Comparison
- Sony a7RII vs Sony a7R Shutter Sound Comparison
- Sony a7RII vs Canon 5Ds R Comparison Video by Miguel Quiles
- Sony a7RII Daylight Focus Test with Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Lens