According to the latest rumors from CR, Canon is actively working on a full frame mirrorless camera. And the full frame mirrorless camera will maintain the EF-M mount. So Canon would require its own set of lenses due to image circle issues with the current crop of EF-M lenses.
The announcement date and the specs of Canon full frame mirrorless camera are still unknown, but it is confirmed that Canon will announce an “enthusiast” mirrorless camera in the future. So it is highly likely that it will be a high-spec camera with a built-in EVF. And I hope this will happen in the coming 12-18 months.
Read more: Canon Rumors
Note: If you are a Canon Camera User, you can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Canon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanonCameraUsers
- Confirmed: Canon is Working on Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Coming in 2016
- New Patent: Canon EF/EF-S Adaptor for Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- New Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera on the Way
- Leica SL (Typ 601) Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Announced: World’s Fastest AF!