Today Canon officially announced the new flagship EOS C700, EOS C700 PL and EOS C700 GS PL cinema cameras and Canon XC15 4K professional camcorder.
Canon EOS C700 Cinema Camera: B&H.
The EOS C700 and EOS C700 PL cameras feature a Super 35mm 4.5K sensor1 with wide dynamic range, and can be ideal for productions requiring 4K UHD TV or 4K DCI cinema deliverables. The EOS C700 GS PL features a Super 35mm 4K sensor with a global shutter to enable the distortion-free capture of subjects moving at high speeds.
The EOS C700 and EOS C700 PL are currently expected to go on sale in December 2016, while the EOS C700 GS PL is currently expected to go on sale in January 2017. The EOS C700 and EOS C700 PL will cost $28,000.00 each and the EOS C700 GS PL will retail for $30,000.
Canon EOS C700 EF Cinema Camera Key Features:
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- EF Cinema Lock Type Mount
- Up to 15 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 4K up to 60 fps, 2K/HD up to 240 fps
- Proxy Recording to SD Cards
- Selectable Gamma and Log Curves
- XF-AVC and ProRes Recording to CFast 2.0
- Intuitive User Interface
- Raw Recording Option
Introducing the Canon Cinema EOS C700 Digital Cinema Camera
Read the full Canon EOS C700 press release at Canon USA.
Canon also announced the XC15 4K Video Camcorder, a 4K UHD digital video camcorder for professional use that achieves high-image quality with a lightweight, compact body. Thanks to its high-sensitivity one-inch CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV 5 image processing platform with high calculation-processing power, the new XC15 is capable of capturing high-image quality and low-noise 4K UHD video.
The Canon XC15 4K UHD professional video camcorder is scheduled to be available in September 2016 for a list price of $3,000.00.
Canon XC15 4K Camcorder Key Features:
- 1″ CMOS Sensor and DIGIC DV 5 Processor
- UHD 4K at up to 29.97 fps
- Integrated f/2.8-5.6/8.9-89mm Zoom Lens
- XLR Audio Input & MA-400 Mic Adapter
- 24p Mode for 4K and 1080p Video
- New Looks and Menu Options
- Waveform Monitor Display
- Three New Shutter Speeds
- Highlight Priority HDR-Like Gamma
- Rules Assignable to Files & Metadata
Read the full Canon XC15 press release at Canon USA.
- Canon XC15 4K Camcorder Leaked Images, Coming Soon
- Canon Developing 120MP DSLR Camera, 8K Cinema EOS Camera and 8K Display
- First Image of Canon 8K Cinema EOS Camera at Canon EXPO 2015
- Canon XC10 4K Professional Camcorder in Stock and Shipping Now
- Panasonic Officially Announced HC-X1000 4K Full HD Camcorder