Today a dealer pre-released the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II information, including the press info, price and complete technical specs. So, the next question is what can we expect to see in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, which is rumored to be announced in March 2016, just before the NAB show in Las Vegas in April.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ($2,499) is a great all-around camera, but it is not perfect and it is three-and-a-half years old. These days Sony and Fujifilm have vaulted ahead in the innovation game. So, if the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV doesn’t have enough revolutionary upgrade in performance, people will look elsewhere for a camera body solution, like Sony a7RII, Nikon D810.
So, what do you expect to see in the upcoming Canon EOS 5D Mark IV? Below are the EOS 5D Mark IV specs that CR wants to see inside the next 5D.
- DIGIC 6+ (They won’t launch DIGIC 7 so closely to a flagship camera)
- 61 point AF
- CFast & SD
- Built-in GPS & Wifi
- Lighter weight
And, the new Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III will be announced in 2016 together with one of Canon’s new “pro” body (Canon 1D X Mark II or Canon 5D Mark IV).
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Rumored Specs:
- Slightly longer and a bit heavier than the current Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens
- 82mm filter thread diameter
- Improved weather sealing, durability and optics features
- Unique lens hood
Follow Canon EOS 5D Mark IV on Facebook:
Note: If you are a Canon Camera User, you can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Canon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanonCameraUsers
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumored Specs, to be Announced at CP+ 2016?
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV & 5D Mark IVc Rumored Specs
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumored Specs: 20MP, 16fps, 4K Video, GPS & WiFi
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumored Specs: 24MP Sensor, Faster than 12fps
- New Canon 5D Mark IV Rumored Specs: 18MP, 12 fps, Dual CFast, 4K Video