Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens has been officially announced at Photokina 2014. See Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Sample Images.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, a great and expensive lens, features diffractive optics for increased optical performance at the long single focal length. But, considering the price tag, size and focal length, it will only attract a handful of users and those who can afford it.
Someone had a chance to hold the new Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM lens and he said that it just like the previous version, solid, light and well balanced, so if you are interested, you can see the main features and videos below.
“Gapless dual-layer diffractive optics are employed within this lens’ construction to produce a smaller, lighter weight 400mm option with enhanced correction for chromatic and spherical aberrations. Aspherical and UD elements are also utilized to further reduce distortions and optimized coatings contribute to increased clarity and contrast.”
The EF 400mm f/4 II weighs half of what its EF 400mm f/2.8L counterpart does. The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM is priced at $6899 and it will be available in November. You can pre-order Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM lens right now on Amazon.
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Announced at Photokina 2014
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Specifications
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 400mm 1:4
- Lens Construction 18 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View 6°10’
- Focus Adjustment Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance 10.83 ft. / 3.3 m
- Filter Size 52mm drop-in
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- Approx. 5.04 x 9.16 in. / 128 x 232.7 mm
- Approx. 74.1 oz. / 2100 g
The New Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Super Telephoto Lens
Canon 400mm F4 DO IS – testing and sample images
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Features
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare.
- Large diameter ground aspherical lens and UD lens for even greater optical performance.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide exceptional results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- For greater convenience, Image Stabilizer does not have to be disabled when shooting with a tripod.
- AF stop buttons on the front of the lens allow you to stop autofocusing at any point.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 ft./3.3 m.
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Sample Images
- EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM & EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Specs, Images Leaked
- Canon PowerShot G7 X, SX60 HS, N2 Announced at Photokina 2014
- Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens to be Announced at Photokina 2014
- SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 Lens to be Announced at Photokina 2014