From DPReview Conclusion:
The 35mm F1.4L II USM is a fantastic lens from Canon. Ultra-sharp and impressively free of aberrations at all apertures and across the frame, it tops the class. Exceptional build quality raises the bar still further, but it all comes at a cost. Much cheaper rivals also offer great image quality, some with image stabilization too, but when only the best will do, the Canon 35mm F1.4L USM Mark II stands alone.
- Very, very sharp, best in class
- Outstanding performance from F1.4, right across the frame
- Aberrations well controlled. BR Optics layer works well at reducing both later and axial CA (purple/green fringing)
- High resistance to flare
- Attractive bokeh, with 18-pointed stars from specula highlights
- Very efficient AF – fast, quiet, unfailingly accurate
- Military-grade build quality, now weather-resistant
- Large and heavy compared to rivals
- No image stabilization
You can read the full review at DPReview.
Read more: 2016 Holiday Camera & Lens Deals.