The next Canon L Lens will be EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III, which will replace the current Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens. The previous rumor said that the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III lens is already in testing by select photographers and it will be announced in June 2016 for a July release.
Now according to the report from CanonRumors, the announcement date of Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens has been delayed to Photokina 2016 in September. We know that Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera will be announced around Photokina 2016, and the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens is expected to be announced along with Canon EOS 5D Mark IV as a kit lens. So, Canon will announce several new great products around Photokina 2016:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens
Here are the rumored specs of the upcoming Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III lens:
- Slightly longer and a bit heavier than the current Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens
- 82mm filter thread diameter
- New Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) element
- Improved weather sealing, durability and optics features
- Unique lens hood
Stay tuned on Camera Times for more info.
Read more: Canon Rumors
Note: You can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!