Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens is the next L lens from Canon and it will replace the current Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens. We already reported that the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III lens is already in testing by select photographers and it will be announced some time in 2016.
According to the report coming out of CanonRumors, the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III lens will be announced in June 2016 and it is highly likely that the shipping will start in late July. This new Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens is expected to feature Canon’s new Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) element. The detailed specs and pricing info of this new lens are still unknown.
Here are the rumored specs of the upcoming Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III lens:
- Slightly longer and a bit heavier than the current Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens
- 82mm filter thread diameter
- New Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) element
- Improved weather sealing, durability and optics features
- Unique lens hood
Stay tuned on Camera Times for more info.
Read more: Canon Rumors
Note: If you are a Canon Camera User, you can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens in Testing, Coming in 2016
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens to be Announced Soon
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens Rumored to be Announced in Late 2015
- Canon to Update EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II Lens in 2016
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Coming with 1D X Mark II or 5D Mark IV in 2016