Blackmagic Design announced the new Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro cinema camera, along with two new control panels for DaVinci Resolve:
Shipping is scheduled to start on March 7, 2017.
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K Cinema Camera Highlights:
- 4.6K Super-35mm CMOS Sensor
- 4608 x 2592 Video up to 60p
- CinemaDNG and ProRes 444 & 422 Recording
- Full Set of External Controls
- 2/4/6-Stop ND Filter Wheel
- Dual CFast 2.0 and SD Memory Card Slots
- 12G-SDI Output, Timecode and REF Input
- 2 XLR Audio Inputs with Phantom Power
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts
- Magnesium Alloy Body
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro (via Adorama):
The world’s first digital film camera with professional broadcast camera controls!
Introducing URSA Mini Pro, a professional digital film camera that combines the incredible image quality of URSA Mini 4.6K with the features and controls of a traditional broadcast camera! You get a massive number of ergonomically designed controls on the side of the camera so you can adjust most settings by feel, and without ever having to take your eyes off the action. URSA Mini Pro also features built in ND filters, a status display and a revolutionary new interchangeable lens mount that lets you change between EF photographic lenses or PL and B4 lenses. URSA Mini Pro records up to 60fps and features dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders as well as dual UHS-II SD Card recorders. URSA Mini Pro is lightweight and comfortable enough to use all day, has controls that are extremely fast to use, and image quality that’s far superior to broadcast cameras costing ten times more!
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro Key Features (via Adorama):
- Digital film camera with15 stops of dynamic range.
- Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with third generation Blackmagic Design color science processing of raw sensor data.
- Interchangeable lens mount with EF mount included as standard. Optional PL and B4 lens mount available separately.
- High quality 2, 4 and 6 stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of URSA Mini Pro.
- Fully redundant controls including ergonomically designed tactile controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more.
- Built in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
- LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels.
- Support for CinemaDNG 4.6K RAW files and ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Supports up to 60 fps 4.6K resolution capture in RAW.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built-in high-quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4-inch fold out touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.
- Sony HDR-AZ1 Action Cam Mini Announced, Price, Highlights
- Sony Announced HX80 Camera and Development of New Wireless Lighting Control System
- Nikon Updated Capture NX-D, Picture Control Utility and ViewNX with D750 Support
- Sony Patents Contact Lens Camera with Zoom, Aperture Control and Image Stabilization
- Leica M-D (Typ 262) Camera Officially Announced